What is the antonym of “couthie”?
The antonyms of couthie are unfriendly, cold, and aloof. The antonyms unfriendly, cold, and aloof convey a negative or distant emotional state. It implies a lack of warmth, friendliness, or kindness.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not friendly; not showing kindness or warmth.
The new neighbor was unfriendly and never greeted anyone in the building.
Lacking affection, warmth, or kindness; distant or unemotional.
Her boss's cold demeanor made it hard for her to approach him with any concerns.
Distant or reserved in manner; uninvolved or uninterested.
The celebrity was aloof and didn't interact much with the fans who came to see him.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unfriendly describes a person who is not kind or warm towards others.
- 2Cold describes a person who is distant or unemotional.
- 3Aloof describes a person who is uninvolved or uninterested in social interactions.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use unfriendly, cold, and aloof to describe people or situations effectively.
- 2Show Empathy: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate understanding.
- 3Enrich Storytelling: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create relatable characters and compelling stories.