What is the antonym of “crass”?
The antonyms of crass are cultured, refined, and polished. These words describe people or things that are sophisticated, elegant, and have good taste.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Showing good taste, refinement, and education in the arts and other aspects of life.
She was a cultured woman who loved visiting museums and attending classical music concerts.
Elegant and polished in appearance, manners, or taste.
The restaurant's decor was refined and tasteful, with soft lighting and comfortable seating.
Smooth and shiny in texture or appearance; showing skill and sophistication.
The speaker's polished delivery and confident demeanor impressed the audience.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Cultured implies a broad knowledge of the arts and other aspects of life.
- 2Refined suggests elegance and good taste in appearance, manners, or taste.
- 3Polished describes something that is smooth and shiny in texture or appearance and shows skill and sophistication.
Good things to know
- 1Social Settings: Use these antonyms to describe people who are sophisticated and elegant in social settings.
- 2Art and Culture: Use cultured to describe someone who has a broad knowledge of the arts and other aspects of life.
- 3Professional Settings: Use polished to describe someone who is skilled and sophisticated in their profession.
The antonyms of crass are cultured, refined, and polished. These words describe people or things that are sophisticated, elegant, and have good taste. Use them to describe people in social settings, art and culture, and professional settings.