What is the antonym of “crested”?
The antonyms of crested are crestless, uncrested, and lowest. These words describe the absence of a crest or peak on something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Lacking a crest or peak.
The bird was crestless, unlike its brightly colored crested cousins.
Without a crest or peak.
The uncrested helmet was less popular among the soldiers.
Being at the bottom level or rank; lacking a crest or peak.
The lowest point of the mountain was devoid of any crested peaks.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Crestless and uncrested have similar meanings and can be used interchangeably.
- 2Lowest is a gradable antonym that describes something at the bottom level or rank and can also mean lacking a crest or peak.
Good things to know
- 1Science: Use these antonyms to describe the physical characteristics of animals, plants, and geological formations.
- 2Art: Incorporate these antonyms in art descriptions to highlight the absence of crests or peaks in sculptures, paintings, and other artworks.
- 3Fashion: Utilize these antonyms to describe clothing items that lack a crest or peak design.