What is the antonym of “cross”?
The antonyms of cross are agree, harmonize, and unite. The antonyms agree, harmonize, and unite convey a sense of agreement, cooperation, and unity. They imply a lack of conflict, disagreement, or opposition.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To have the same opinion, belief, or idea as someone else; to come to a mutual understanding.
We agree that this is the best course of action to take.
To blend or combine different elements in a way that creates a pleasing or unified effect.
The colors of the painting harmonize perfectly with each other.
To come together as one; to join forces or efforts for a common purpose.
The two countries decided to unite their armies to fight against a common enemy.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Agree implies having the same opinion or belief as someone else.
- 2Harmonize implies blending or combining different elements in a pleasing or unified way.
- 3Unite implies coming together as one and joining forces or efforts for a common purpose.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use agree, harmonize, and unite to express agreement and cooperation effectively.
- 2Show Diplomacy: Incorporate antonyms in negotiations to demonstrate willingness to find common ground.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create relatable characters and compelling stories.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Agree conveys having the same opinion, harmonize denotes blending different elements, and unite refers to coming together for a common purpose. Use these words to enhance communication, show diplomacy in negotiations, and enrich writing by creating relatable characters and compelling narratives.