What is the antonym of “crumple”?
The antonyms of crumple are smooth and straighten. The antonyms smooth and straighten convey the opposite meaning of crumple, which is to make something flat or even.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having an even and regular surface; free from roughness or irregularities.
She ran her hand over the smooth surface of the table.
Make something straight or orderly.
He tried to straighten his tie before the job interview.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Smooth refers to a surface that is even and free from roughness or irregularities.
- 2Straighten refers to making something straight or orderly.
Good things to know
- 1Describing Textures: Use smooth to describe surfaces that are even and free from roughness or irregularities.
- 2Organizing Objects: Use straighten to describe the act of making something straight or orderly.
- 3Giving Instructions: Use these antonyms in instructions to convey the desired outcome.
The antonyms of crumple are smooth and straighten. Use smooth to describe even and regular surfaces, and straighten to describe the act of making something straight or orderly. These antonyms can be used to describe textures, organize objects, and give instructions.