Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The quality or state of being brave; courageous behavior or character.
The firefighter showed great bravery when he saved the family from the burning building.
The ability to do something that frightens one; strength in the face of pain or grief.
She summoned all her courage to speak up against the injustice she witnessed.
Great bravery or selflessness, especially in the face of danger or adversity.
The soldier's heroism earned him a medal of honor for his service in the war.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Bravery and courage are similar in meaning, but bravery often implies a willingness to face danger or difficulty without hesitation, while courage emphasizes the ability to overcome fear or doubt.
- 2Heroism is a more elevated term that describes exceptional acts of bravery or selflessness, often in the face of great danger or adversity.
Good things to know
- 1Encourage Others: Use these antonyms to inspire and motivate others to be brave and courageous.
- 2Describe Characters: Utilize these words to create vivid and compelling characters in stories or narratives.
- 3Express Gratitude: Show appreciation for acts of bravery or heroism by using these antonyms in thank-you notes or speeches.