Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To construct something by putting parts or materials together.
The company plans to build a new office tower in the city center.
To build or create something by putting parts or materials together.
The team worked hard to construct a prototype of their new product.
To bring something into existence; to make something new.
The artist used her imagination to create a beautiful painting.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Build and construct are similar in meaning, but construct is more formal and often used in technical contexts.
- 2Create is a broader term that can refer to making something new or bringing something into existence.
Good things to know
- 1Construction: Use build and construct to describe the process of building or constructing something.
- 2Innovation: Use create to describe the process of making something new or innovative.
- 3Business: Use build and construct to describe the process of expanding or developing a business.
The antonyms of decimating are build, construct, and create. Build and construct are similar in meaning, while create is a broader term that can refer to making something new or bringing something into existence. These words can be used in various contexts such as construction, innovation, and business.