What is the antonym of “decipherable”?
The antonyms of decipherable are undecipherable and incomprehensible. These words convey the opposite meaning of being able to understand or interpret something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not able to be understood or interpreted.
The handwriting on the old document was so faded that it was undecipherable.
Impossible to understand or make sense of.
The physics lecture was so complex that it was incomprehensible to most of the students.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Undecipherable refers to something that cannot be understood or interpreted, often due to a lack of clarity or information.
- 2Incomprehensible refers to something that is impossible to understand or make sense of, often due to its complexity or obscurity.
Good things to know
- 1Academic Writing: Use undecipherable and incomprehensible to describe complex or unclear concepts.
- 2Reading Comprehension: Identify and differentiate between these antonyms to improve reading comprehension.
- 3Everyday Conversation: Use these antonyms to express confusion or lack of understanding in everyday conversations.
The antonyms of decipherable are undecipherable and incomprehensible. While undecipherable refers to something that cannot be understood or interpreted, incomprehensible refers to something that is impossible to understand or make sense of. These words can be used in academic writing, reading comprehension, and everyday conversation to express confusion or lack of understanding.