What is the antonym of “deline”?
The antonyms of deline are confuse and obscure. The antonyms confuse and obscure convey a lack of clarity or understanding. They imply a state of being uncertain, unclear, or difficult to comprehend.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To make someone feel uncertain or unable to understand something.
The teacher's explanation was so complex that it only served to confuse the students.
Not clear or easily understood; hidden or unknown.
The meaning of the poem was obscure and left many readers puzzled.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Confuse is a verb that describes an action that makes someone uncertain or unable to understand something.
- 2Obscure is an adjective that describes something that is not clear or easily understood.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use confuse and obscure to express a lack of clarity or understanding effectively.
- 2Clarify Information: Use deline to provide clear and concise information.
- 3Improve Writing: Use antonyms to create contrast and add depth to your writing.