What is the antonym of “desirous”?
The antonyms of desirous are indifferent and uninterested. The antonyms indifferent and uninterested convey a lack of interest or enthusiasm. It implies a disinterest or apathy towards something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having no particular interest or sympathy; unconcerned.
She was indifferent to the outcome of the game and didn't care who won.
Not interested in or concerned about something.
He was uninterested in attending the party and preferred to stay home.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Indifferent implies a lack of interest or concern, while uninterested implies a lack of interest.
- 2Indifferent can also mean impartial or neutral, while uninterested only means not interested.
Good things to know
- 1Express Opinions: Use indifferent and uninterested to express your lack of interest or concern.
- 2Discuss Preferences: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to discuss preferences and interests.
- 3Enrich Vocabulary: Utilize these antonyms in writing to add variety and depth to your language.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Indifferent implies a lack of interest or concern, while uninterested implies a lack of interest. Use these words to express opinions, discuss preferences, and enrich vocabulary by adding variety and depth to your language.