What is the antonym of “destroyer”?
The antonyms of destroyer are protector and savior. The antonyms protector and savior convey a positive connotation, implying that someone or something is safeguarding or rescuing from harm.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A person or thing that shields or defends from danger, injury, or damage.
The police officer is a protector of the community, ensuring safety and security for all.
A person who saves or rescues from harm, danger, or difficulty.
The doctor was a savior to the patient, performing a life-saving surgery that restored their health.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Protector refers to someone or something that shields or defends from danger, while savior refers to someone who saves or rescues from harm, danger, or difficulty.
- 2Protector is a relational antonym, while savior is a complementary antonym.
Good things to know
- 1Express Gratitude: Use protector and savior to show appreciation for those who have helped or protected you.
- 2Describe Characters: Use these antonyms to describe characters in stories, movies, or TV shows.
- 3Discuss Current Events: Incorporate these antonyms in discussions about current events, such as the role of healthcare workers as saviors during the pandemic.
The antonyms of destroyer are protector and savior. While protector refers to someone or something that shields or defends from danger, savior refers to someone who saves or rescues from harm, danger, or difficulty. Use these antonyms to express gratitude, describe characters, and discuss current events.