Definitions and Examples of agree, concur, harmonize
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To have the same opinion, belief, or view as someone else.
I agree with you that we should take a break and relax.
To express agreement or approval with someone else's opinion or action.
I concur with your suggestion that we should start the project next week.
To be in agreement or compatibility with something else.
The colors of the painting harmonize well with the furniture in the room.
Key Differences: agree vs concur vs harmonize
- 1Agree and concur are interchangeable and both mean to have the same opinion as someone else.
- 2Harmonize means to be in agreement or compatibility with something else, but not necessarily with a person.
Effective Usage of agree, concur, harmonize
- 1Debate: Use differ and its antonyms to express disagreement or agreement in debates or discussions.
- 2Negotiation: Incorporate these antonyms in negotiations to reach a common ground.
- 3Music: Use harmonize to describe how different musical notes blend together to create a pleasing sound.
The antonyms of differ are agree, concur, and harmonize. Use agree and concur interchangeably to express agreement with someone else's opinion, while harmonize means to be in agreement or compatibility with something else. Use these words in debates, negotiations, and music to express agreement or compatibility.