What is the antonym of “disguise”?
The antonyms of disguise are reveal and expose. The antonyms reveal and expose convey the opposite meaning of disguise, which is to make something known or visible.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To make something previously unknown or hidden, known or visible.
The detective was able to reveal the true identity of the murderer.
To uncover or make something visible that was previously hidden or covered.
The journalist was able to expose the corruption scandal that had been going on for years.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Reveal implies making something known that was previously unknown or hidden.
- 2Expose implies uncovering something that was previously hidden or covered.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use reveal and expose to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more accurately.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate antonyms in your writing to create contrast and add depth to your ideas.
- 3Enrich Reading: Look for antonyms in texts to better understand the meaning of words and the context in which they are used.
The antonyms reveal and expose convey the opposite meaning of disguise, which is to make something known or visible. Use these words to enhance your vocabulary, improve your writing, and enrich your reading by understanding the meaning of words and their context.