What is the antonym of “disoblige”?
The antonym of disoblige is oblige, please, and accommodate. These antonyms convey a positive or helpful action towards someone. It implies doing something to make someone feel comfortable, satisfied, or happy.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To do something as a favor or courtesy for someone; to accommodate their needs or requests.
She was happy to oblige her friend by lending her some money.
To make someone happy or satisfied by fulfilling their desires or expectations.
He tried his best to please his boss by completing the project on time.
To provide someone with what they need or want; to adjust to their preferences or requirements.
The hotel staff was happy to accommodate their guests' special requests.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Oblige implies doing something as a favor or courtesy for someone.
- 2Please implies making someone happy or satisfied by fulfilling their desires or expectations.
- 3Accommodate implies providing someone with what they need or want, or adjusting to their preferences or requirements.
Good things to know
- 1Polite Requests: Use oblige, please, and accommodate to make polite requests or ask for help.
- 2Customer Service: Use these antonyms in customer service to provide excellent service and satisfy customers.
- 3Social Interactions: Use these antonyms in social interactions to show kindness and consideration towards others.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Oblige implies doing a favor, please implies fulfilling desires, and accommodate implies providing what someone needs. Use these words to make polite requests, provide excellent customer service, and show kindness in social interactions.