What is the antonym of “dispeaceful”?
The antonyms of dispeaceful are peaceful, calm, and tranquil. These words describe a state of serenity, quietness, and absence of disturbance.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Free from disturbance or agitation; calm and serene.
The park was peaceful and quiet, with only the sound of birds chirping.
Not showing or feeling nervousness, anger, or other strong emotions; peaceful and tranquil.
She took a deep breath to stay calm and composed during the interview.
Free from disturbance or turmoil; calm and peaceful.
The lake was tranquil and still, reflecting the blue sky and white clouds.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Peaceful describes a state of calmness and serenity, often associated with nature or a quiet environment.
- 2Calm refers to a person's emotional state, indicating a lack of nervousness, anger, or other strong emotions.
- 3Tranquil implies a sense of peacefulness and stillness, often used to describe a place or atmosphere.
Good things to know
- 1Describing Places: Use peaceful, calm, and tranquil to describe serene and quiet environments.
- 2Expressing Emotions: Use calm to describe a person's emotional state or demeanor.
- 3Creating Atmosphere: Use tranquil to set the mood and create a peaceful atmosphere in writing or storytelling.
The antonyms of dispeaceful are peaceful, calm, and tranquil. These words describe a state of serenity, quietness, and absence of disturbance. Use them to describe places, express emotions, and create a peaceful atmosphere in writing or storytelling.