What is the antonym of “distorted”?
The antonym of distorted are accurate, true, and straight. The antonyms accurate, true, and straight convey a sense of correctness, truthfulness, and alignment with reality.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Free from errors, mistakes, or discrepancies; conforming to truth or fact.
The scientist's findings were accurate and reliable, based on rigorous experimentation.
In accordance with fact or reality; not false or erroneous.
It is true that the Earth orbits around the Sun, despite what some people believe.
Extending or moving uniformly in one direction; not curved or bent.
The carpenter made sure that the shelf was straight and level before attaching it to the wall.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Accurate refers to something that is free from errors or discrepancies.
- 2True refers to something that is in accordance with fact or reality.
- 3Straight refers to something that is not curved or bent.
Good things to know
- 1Academic Writing: Use accurate and true to describe research findings and data.
- 2Technical Fields: Use accurate to describe measurements, calculations, and specifications.
- 3Spatial Awareness: Use straight to describe lines, edges, and surfaces in geometry and design.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Accurate conveys freedom from errors, true denotes accordance with reality, and straight refers to lack of curvature. Use these words in academic writing, technical fields, and spatial awareness contexts to convey precision and clarity.