The Opposite(Antonym) of “distraction”
The antonyms of distraction are focus and concentration. The antonyms focus and concentration convey a state of being attentive, engaged, and absorbed in a task or activity. It implies a lack of interruption, diversion, or disturbance.
Definitions and Examples of focus, concentration
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The center of interest or activity; the main point of attention.
She needed to focus on her studies and avoid distractions like social media.
The focus of the meeting was to discuss the new project proposal.
The action or power of focusing one's attention or mental effort.
He needed complete concentration to solve the complex math problem.
The chemist measured the concentration of the acid in the solution.
Key Differences: focus vs concentration
- 1Focus is both a noun and a verb that describes the center of attention or the act of directing one's attention towards a particular task or objective.
- 2Concentration is a noun that describes the action or power of focusing one's attention or mental effort, as well as the degree of strength or purity of a substance.
Effective Usage of focus, concentration
- 1Academic Writing: Use focus and concentration to describe the level of attention required for academic tasks.
- 2Professional Development: Incorporate these antonyms in resumes and job interviews to demonstrate your ability to stay focused and concentrated.
- 3Personal Growth: Utilize these antonyms in goal-setting and time-management strategies to improve productivity and efficiency.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Focus refers to the center of attention or the act of directing one's attention, while concentration refers to the action or power of focusing one's attention or mental effort. Use these words in academic writing, professional development, and personal growth to improve productivity and efficiency.