What is the antonym of “dormant”?
The antonyms of dormant are active, awake, and alive. These antonyms convey a state of being alert, lively, and engaged. They are used to describe things that are not dormant or inactive.
See all the antonyms of “dormant”
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Engaged in physical or mental activity; busy or working.
She is an active member of the community and participates in various events.
Not sleeping; conscious and aware of one's surroundings.
He was awake all night studying for his exam.
Having life; not dead or inanimate.
The flowers in the garden were alive with vibrant colors.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Active describes something that is currently engaged in some kind of activity.
- 2Awake describes something that is not sleeping and is conscious.
- 3Alive describes something that has life and is not dead.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Descriptions: Use these antonyms to provide more vivid and descriptive details.
- 2Enrich Vocabulary: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing and speaking to expand your vocabulary.
- 3Express Emotions: Use these antonyms to express emotions effectively and accurately.