What is the antonym of “downtrodden”?
The antonyms of downtrodden are privileged, advantaged, and uplifted. These antonyms convey a sense of advantage or superiority over others.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having special rights, advantages, or immunities that are not available to others.
Growing up in a wealthy family, she was privileged to have access to the best education and opportunities.
Having a favorable or superior position or condition.
Coming from a stable family background, he was advantaged in terms of his mental and emotional well-being.
Feeling elevated, inspired, or encouraged.
After receiving positive feedback from her boss, she felt uplifted and motivated to work harder.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Privileged refers to having special rights or advantages that are not available to others.
- 2Advantaged refers to having a favorable or superior position or condition.
- 3Uplifted refers to feeling elevated, inspired, or encouraged.
Good things to know
- 1Social Justice: Use these antonyms to discuss issues related to social inequality and privilege.
- 2Personal Development: Incorporate these words in conversations about personal growth and self-improvement.
- 3Creative Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create characters with distinct backgrounds and experiences.
The antonyms of downtrodden convey a sense of advantage or superiority over others. Privileged refers to having special rights or advantages, advantaged refers to having a favorable position, and uplifted refers to feeling elevated or inspired. Use these words to discuss social justice issues, personal development, and creative writing.