What is the antonym of “dressiest”?
The antonyms of dressiest are sloppy and unkempt. The antonyms sloppy and unkempt convey a lack of neatness or tidiness in appearance.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Messy or untidy in appearance or dress.
He showed up to the interview in a sloppy outfit, which made a bad impression.
Not properly maintained or cared for; messy or disheveled in appearance.
Her hair was unkempt and tangled after a long day at work.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Sloppy implies a lack of care or attention to detail in appearance.
- 2Unkempt suggests a lack of grooming or maintenance in appearance.
Good things to know
- 1Describing Appearance: Use sloppy and unkempt to describe someone's appearance when they look messy or disheveled.
- 2Giving Feedback: Use these antonyms to give feedback on someone's appearance in a polite and constructive manner.
- 3Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in writing to create vivid descriptions of characters or settings.
The antonyms sloppy and unkempt convey a lack of neatness or tidiness in appearance. Sloppy implies a lack of care or attention to detail, while unkempt suggests a lack of grooming or maintenance. Use these words to describe appearance, give feedback, or create vivid descriptions in writing.