What is the antonym of “ecological”?
The antonyms of ecological are unfriendly to the environment, polluting, and destructive. These antonyms describe actions or behaviors that harm the environment, rather than protect it.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not supporting or promoting the health and well-being of the natural world.
Using plastic bags is unfriendly to the environment because they take hundreds of years to decompose.
Releasing harmful substances into the air, water, or soil, causing damage to the environment and living organisms.
The factory's polluting emissions were contaminating the nearby river and harming fish populations.
Causing damage or harm to the environment, often resulting in long-term negative consequences.
Clear-cutting forests is a destructive practice that destroys habitats and contributes to climate change.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unfriendly to the environment refers to actions or behaviors that do not support the health and well-being of the natural world.
- 2Polluting describes the release of harmful substances into the environment, causing damage to living organisms.
- 3Destructive refers to actions or behaviors that cause damage or harm to the environment, often resulting in long-term negative consequences.
Good things to know
- 1Environmental Advocacy: Use these antonyms to raise awareness about the importance of protecting the environment.
- 2Sustainability Education: Incorporate these antonyms into lessons to teach students about the impact of human actions on the environment.
- 3Green Living: Use these antonyms to make informed choices that promote a healthier planet.
The antonyms of ecological describe actions or behaviors that harm the environment. Unfriendly to the environment refers to actions that do not support the natural world, polluting describes the release of harmful substances, and destructive refers to actions that cause long-term harm. Use these antonyms to advocate for the environment, educate others about sustainability, and make informed choices that promote a healthier planet.