What is the antonym of “edulcorated”?
The antonyms of edulcorated are bitter, unsweetened, and unrefined. These words describe the opposite of sweet, sugary, or refined taste.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having a sharp, pungent taste that is not sweet.
The medicine tasted bitter and made her grimace.
Not containing sugar or other sweetening agents.
She prefers her coffee unsweetened to avoid extra calories.
Not purified or processed; crude or natural.
He likes to use unrefined sugar in his baking for a more rustic flavor.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Bitter describes a sharp, unpleasant taste that is not sweet.
- 2Unsweetened refers to food or drinks that do not contain sugar or other sweeteners.
- 3Unrefined describes food that is not purified or processed, often with a more natural taste.
Good things to know
- 1Cooking: Use these antonyms to describe different tastes and flavors of food and drinks.
- 2Health: Incorporate these antonyms in discussions about healthy eating and avoiding excess sugar.
- 3Vocabulary: Learn and practice using these antonyms to expand your English vocabulary.
The antonyms of edulcorated describe different tastes and flavors. Bitter is sharp and unpleasant, unsweetened lacks sugar or sweeteners, and unrefined is natural and unprocessed. Use these antonyms to talk about food, health, and expand your vocabulary.