What is the antonym of “egotistic”?
The antonyms of egotistic are humble and modest. The antonyms humble and modest convey a lack of arrogance or excessive pride. It implies a willingness to acknowledge one's limitations and imperfections.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having or showing a modest or low estimate of one's importance.
She was a humble person who never boasted about her achievements.
Having or showing a moderate or humble estimate of one's merits, abilities, or value.
He was a modest person who never sought attention or praise.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Humble implies a lack of arrogance or excessive pride, while modest suggests a moderate or humble estimate of one's merits or abilities.
- 2Humble can also refer to a physical position or condition, such as being low in height or rank, while modest does not have this connotation.
Good things to know
- 1Express Gratitude: Use humble and modest to express gratitude and appreciation for others' contributions.
- 2Show Respect: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to show respect and admiration for people who demonstrate humility and modesty.
- 3Promote Self-Awareness: Encourage others to be humble and modest by modeling these traits and recognizing their value.
The antonyms of egotistic are humble and modest. Use these words to express gratitude, show respect, promote self-awareness, and recognize the value of humility and modesty.