What is the antonym of “elasticity”?
The antonyms of elasticity are inflexibility and rigidity. The antonyms inflexibility and rigidity convey a lack of flexibility or adaptability. It implies a state of being stiff, unyielding, or resistant to change.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The quality of being rigid, unbending, or unyielding.
The company's inflexibility in adapting to new technologies led to its decline.
The state of being stiff, inflexible, or unyielding.
The rigidity of the rules made it hard for the employees to be creative.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Inflexibility refers to a lack of willingness to change or adapt to new situations.
- 2Rigidity refers to a state of being stiff or inflexible, often due to strict rules or regulations.
Good things to know
- 1Business: Use these antonyms to describe a company's approach to change or innovation.
- 2Personal Development: Use these antonyms to describe one's mindset towards learning or growth.
- 3Science: Use these antonyms to describe the properties of materials or substances.