Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To come near or nearer to something or someone in distance or time.
The deadline is approaching, so we need to finish the project soon.
At or to a short distance away; close.
The store is near my house, so I can walk there.
At or to a short distance away; near.
The restaurant is close to the movie theater, so we can have dinner before the movie.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Approach refers to the act of coming closer to something or someone in distance or time.
- 2Near and close both describe being at a short distance away, but close often implies a closer proximity than near.
Good things to know
- 1Navigation: Use near and close to give directions or describe locations.
- 2Time: Use approach to describe events that are coming up soon.
- 3Relationships: Use eloigner and its antonyms to describe the distance between people or things in relationships.
The antonyms of eloigner are approach, near, and close. Use these words to describe distances, locations, and events. Approach refers to coming closer in distance or time, while near and close describe being at a short distance away. Incorporate these antonyms in navigation, time, and relationship contexts to enhance communication.