What is the antonym of “enamorate”?
The antonyms of enamorate are fall out of love and lose interest. These antonyms describe the opposite of falling in love or developing strong feelings for someone. They convey a lack of romantic attraction or emotional connection.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
After years of marriage, they slowly began to fall out of love and realized they wanted different things.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Fall out of love specifically refers to losing romantic feelings for someone, while lose interest can apply to any situation where one becomes less interested or enthusiastic.
- 2Fall out of love implies that there was once a strong romantic connection, while lose interest does not necessarily imply that there was ever a strong emotional connection.
Good things to know
- 1Relationships: Use fall out of love to describe the end of a romantic relationship or the loss of romantic feelings.
- 2Hobbies and Interests: Use lose interest to describe a waning enthusiasm for a hobby or activity.
- 3Personal Growth: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations about personal growth and change.