What is the antonym of “enerve”?
The antonyms of enerve are calm, soothe, and relax. The antonyms convey a state of tranquility, peacefulness, and relaxation. They imply a lack of agitation, stress, or anxiety.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not showing or feeling nervousness, anger, or other strong emotions; peaceful.
She took a deep breath to stay calm before her job interview.
Gently calm (a person or their feelings).
The sound of the waves helped to soothe her anxiety.
Make or become less tense or anxious.
He likes to relax by listening to music after a long day at work.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Calm is a state of peacefulness that implies a lack of strong emotions.
- 2Soothe is an action that gently calms a person or their feelings.
- 3Relax is an action that reduces tension or anxiety.
Good things to know
- 1Daily Life: Use calm, soothe, and relax to describe your emotional state or actions.
- 2Stress Management: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations about stress management techniques.
- 3Mental Health: Use these words to discuss mental health and well-being.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Calm conveys a state of peacefulness, soothe is an action that gently calms, and relax is an action that reduces tension or anxiety. Use these words to describe your emotional state or actions, discuss stress management techniques, and mental health and well-being.