What is the antonym of “enfeeble”?
The antonyms of enfeeble are strengthen, invigorate, and fortify. These words convey the opposite meaning of enfeeble, which is to make something stronger, healthier, or more robust.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To make something stronger or more resilient.
He started lifting weights to strengthen his muscles and improve his overall health.
To give energy or vitality to something; to refresh or stimulate.
A brisk walk in the morning can invigorate your body and mind for the day ahead.
To strengthen or reinforce something, often by adding extra support or protection.
The castle walls were fortified with stone and metal to withstand enemy attacks.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Strengthen refers to making something physically or mentally stronger.
- 2Invigorate refers to giving energy or vitality to something.
- 3Fortify refers to adding extra support or protection to something.
Good things to know
- 1Health and Fitness: Use strengthen and invigorate to describe physical exercise and activities that promote wellness.
- 2Defense and Security: Use fortify to describe measures taken to protect buildings, borders, and other structures.
- 3Business and Finance: Use these antonyms to describe strategies that aim to improve the financial health and stability of a company or organization.
The antonyms of enfeeble are strengthen, invigorate, and fortify. Use these words to describe physical exercise, activities that promote wellness, measures taken to protect buildings and borders, and strategies that aim to improve the financial health and stability of a company or organization.