What is the antonym of “exhibited”?
The antonyms of exhibited are concealed and hidden. The antonyms concealed and hidden convey the opposite meaning of exhibited, which means to show or display something publicly.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Kept secret or hidden from view; not visible or apparent.
The detective found a concealed weapon in the suspect's pocket.
Kept out of sight; concealed or not easily noticed.
The treasure was hidden in a secret compartment behind the bookshelf.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Concealed implies that something is intentionally kept secret or hidden from view.
- 2Hidden suggests that something is not easily noticed or visible, but it may not necessarily be intentionally kept secret.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use concealed and hidden to expand your vocabulary and express ideas more precisely.
- 2Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in writing to create suspense and intrigue.
- 3Daily Conversation: Use these antonyms in daily conversations to express the opposite meaning of exhibited.
The antonyms of exhibited are concealed and hidden. Concealed implies intentional secrecy, while hidden suggests something is not easily noticed. Use these words to enhance your vocabulary, create suspense in writing, and express the opposite meaning of exhibited in daily conversations.