What is the antonym of “exit”?
The antonyms of exit are entrance and entry. These words are used to describe the act of entering or leaving a place.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A place of entry, such as a door, gate, or opening.
The entrance to the museum was grand and impressive.
The act of entering or coming into a place.
The security guard checked his ID before allowing him entry into the building.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Entrance refers to a physical place of entry, such as a door or gate.
- 2Entry refers to the act of entering or coming into a place.
Good things to know
- 1Navigation: Use entrance and exit to navigate through buildings and public spaces.
- 2Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in writing to create vivid descriptions of places and actions.
- 3Vocabulary Building: Learn and practice using these antonyms to expand your vocabulary.