What is the antonym of “exuberancy”?
The antonyms of exuberancy are apathy and lethargy. The antonyms apathy and lethargy convey a lack of energy, enthusiasm, or interest. They imply a feeling of indifference, disinterest, or laziness.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Lack of interest, enthusiasm, or concern.
His apathy towards politics made him indifferent to the election results.
A state of tiredness, sluggishness, or lack of energy.
After a long day at work, she felt a sense of lethargy and didn't feel like doing anything.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Apathy is a lack of interest or concern, while lethargy is a feeling of tiredness or sluggishness.
- 2Apathy is a relational antonym, while lethargy is a gradable antonym.
Good things to know
- 1Vocabulary Expansion: Learn and use these antonyms to improve your vocabulary.
- 2Express Emotions: Use these antonyms to express your feelings more accurately.
- 3Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to add variety and depth to your language.
The antonyms of exuberancy are apathy and lethargy. Apathy conveys a lack of interest or concern, while lethargy implies a feeling of tiredness or sluggishness. These antonyms can be used to expand your vocabulary, express emotions more accurately, and improve your writing by adding variety and depth to your language.