What is the antonym of “fabricated”?
The antonyms of fabricated are genuine, authentic, and real. These words describe something that is not made up or false, but rather true and trustworthy.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Truly what it is said to be; authentic.
The antique dealer assured us that the painting was genuine and not a fake.
Of undisputed origin; genuine.
The museum displayed an authentic Viking sword that was over a thousand years old.
Actually existing as a thing or occurring in fact; not imagined or supposed.
The diamond ring was so beautiful that it looked too good to be real.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Genuine emphasizes the authenticity of something, often used to describe products or items.
- 2Authentic emphasizes the undisputed origin of something, often used to describe historical or cultural artifacts.
- 3Real emphasizes the actual existence of something, often used to describe physical objects or experiences.
Good things to know
- 1Product Reviews: Use genuine to describe products that are authentic and not fake.
- 2Historical Artifacts: Use authentic to describe historical or cultural artifacts that are undisputed in origin.
- 3Physical Objects: Use real to describe physical objects or experiences that actually exist.