What is the antonym of “faceless”?
The antonyms of faceless are distinctive, unique, and recognizable. The antonyms distinctive, unique, and recognizable convey a positive or notable characteristic. It implies that something stands out and is easily recognizable.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having a quality or feature that sets it apart from others; easily recognizable.
Her distinctive voice made her stand out in the crowd.
Being the only one of its kind; having no equal or equivalent.
The painting was unique and could not be replicated.
Able to be identified or recognized based on its characteristics or features.
Even with a mask on, his recognizable voice gave him away.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Distinctive describes something that has a unique quality or feature that sets it apart from others.
- 2Unique describes something that is the only one of its kind and has no equal or equivalent.
- 3Recognizable describes something that can be identified or recognized based on its characteristics or features.
Good things to know
- 1Describing People: Use distinctive, unique, and recognizable to describe people's physical features or personality traits.
- 2Describing Objects: Use these antonyms to describe objects that have unique or notable characteristics.
- 3Creative Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in narratives to create memorable characters and vivid descriptions.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Distinctive describes something that sets it apart, unique describes something that is one of a kind, and recognizable describes something that can be identified based on its features. Use these words to describe people, objects, and in creative writing to create memorable characters and vivid descriptions.