What is the antonym of “farness”?
The antonyms of farness are closeness and proximity. The antonyms closeness and proximity convey the opposite meaning of farness, which implies a great distance or remoteness.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The state of being near in space or time; proximity.
The closeness of the two cities made it easy for people to travel between them.
The state of being close to something in space, time, or relationship.
The proximity of the airport to the hotel made it convenient for travelers.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Closeness refers to the state of being near in space or time.
- 2Proximity refers to the state of being close to something in space, time, or relationship.
Good things to know
- 1Geography: Use farness and its antonyms to describe distances between places.
- 2Relationships: Use closeness and proximity to describe the emotional distance between people.
- 3Real Estate: Use proximity to describe the location of a property relative to other amenities.
The antonyms of farness are closeness and proximity. Use these words to describe distances between places, emotional distance between people, and the location of a property relative to other amenities.