What is the antonym of “favorably”?
The antonyms of favorably are unfavorably and disapprovingly. The antonyms unfavorably and disapprovingly convey a negative or critical attitude towards something or someone. It implies a lack of support, approval, or agreement.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
In a way that shows disapproval or lack of support.
The new policy was received unfavorably by the employees, who felt it was unfair.
In a way that shows disapproval or criticism of something or someone.
She looked at him disapprovingly when he made a rude comment about her outfit.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unfavorably is an adverb that describes a lack of support or approval towards something or someone.
- 2Disapprovingly is an adverb that describes a critical or negative attitude towards something or someone.
Good things to know
- 1Express Opinions: Use unfavorably and disapprovingly to express disagreement or criticism.
- 2Provide Feedback: Incorporate antonyms in feedback to show areas of improvement.
- 3Analyze Situations: Utilize these antonyms in discussions to evaluate situations from different perspectives.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Unfavorably conveys a lack of support or approval, while disapprovingly denotes a critical or negative attitude. Use these words to express opinions, provide feedback, and analyze situations from different perspectives.