What is the antonym of “fawnlike”?
The antonyms of fawnlike are awkward, clumsy, and cynical. These antonyms have different meanings and can be used in various contexts.
See all the antonyms of “fawnlike”
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Lacking grace or skill; clumsy or uncoordinated.
He felt awkward on the dance floor because he had never danced before.
Lacking dexterity or coordination; awkward in movement or action.
She was so clumsy that she tripped over her own feet and fell down the stairs.
Distrustful of human nature and motives; pessimistic or negative.
After years of disappointment, he became cynical about politics and stopped voting.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Awkward and clumsy both describe a lack of coordination or grace, but awkward is more general and can also refer to social situations.
- 2Cynical is a relational antonym that describes a negative attitude towards human nature and motives.
Good things to know
- 1Social Situations: Use awkward to describe uncomfortable or embarrassing social situations.
- 2Physical Coordination: Use clumsy to describe a lack of physical coordination or grace.
- 3Attitude: Use cynical to describe a negative or distrustful attitude towards human nature and motives.
The antonyms of fawnlike are awkward, clumsy, and cynical. Use awkward to describe uncomfortable social situations, clumsy to describe a lack of physical coordination, and cynical to describe a negative attitude towards human nature and motives.