What is the antonym of “fervent”?
The antonyms of fervent are apathetic, indifferent, and unenthusiastic. The antonyms convey a lack of passion, interest, or enthusiasm.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Showing or feeling no interest, enthusiasm, or concern.
She was apathetic towards the idea of going to the party and preferred to stay at home.
Having no particular interest or sympathy; unconcerned.
He was indifferent to the outcome of the game and didn't care who won.
Not feeling or showing excitement or enthusiasm.
The students were unenthusiastic about the new project and found it boring.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Apathetic describes a complete lack of interest or concern.
- 2Indifferent suggests a lack of preference or sympathy towards something.
- 3Unenthusiastic implies a lack of excitement or passion towards something.
Good things to know
- 1Express Opinions: Use these antonyms to express your level of interest or enthusiasm towards a topic.
- 2Discuss Preferences: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to discuss preferences and choices.
- 3Write Reviews: Utilize these antonyms in writing reviews to convey your level of satisfaction or dissatisfaction.