What is the antonym of “finalize”?
The antonyms of finalize are begin, initiate, and start. These words convey the opposite meaning of finalize, which means to complete or finish something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To start doing something; to commence.
Let's begin our meeting with a quick introduction.
To start or begin something; to cause something to begin.
The company plans to initiate a new project next month.
To begin doing something; to commence.
I need to start working on my essay before it's too late.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Begin is a general term that describes the start of an action or process.
- 2Initiate implies a deliberate action to start something.
- 3Start is a more informal term that can be used interchangeably with begin.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use these antonyms to express the opposite meaning of finalize effectively.
- 2Enrich Vocabulary: Incorporate these words in your writing and speaking to expand your vocabulary.
- 3Improve Writing: Use these antonyms to create more precise and varied sentences.
The antonyms of finalize are begin, initiate, and start. These words have distinct nuances, with initiate implying a deliberate action, while begin and start are more general terms. Use these antonyms to enhance communication, enrich vocabulary, and improve writing.