What is the antonym of “finishable”?
The antonyms of finishable are never-ending and interminable. The antonyms never-ending and interminable convey a sense of something that is endless, continuous, or without a conclusion.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Seemingly without end; continuing indefinitely.
The traffic on the highway was never-ending, and it took us hours to reach our destination.
Seemingly endless or tiresome; lasting for a long time.
The meeting seemed interminable, and I couldn't wait for it to be over.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Never-ending implies something that has no end in sight and continues indefinitely.
- 2Interminable suggests something that is tiresome or boring and seems to last forever.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Writing: Use these antonyms to add variety and depth to your writing.
- 2Expand Vocabulary: Incorporate these words into your vocabulary to express ideas more precisely.
- 3Enrich Reading: Recognize these antonyms in texts to understand the author's intended meaning better.
The antonyms of finishable are never-ending and interminable. Use never-ending to describe something that has no end in sight, and interminable to describe something that is tiresome or boring and seems to last forever. Incorporate these words into your vocabulary to express ideas more precisely, enhance your writing, and enrich your reading experience.