What is the antonym of “flashed”?
The antonyms of flashed are dimmed and faded. The antonyms dimmed and faded convey a decrease in brightness or intensity.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having reduced brightness or intensity.
The lights were dimmed during the movie to create a more immersive experience.
Having lost brightness or vividness over time.
The colors of the old painting had faded with age, making it hard to see the details.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Dimmed refers to a reduction in brightness or intensity, often done intentionally for a specific effect.
- 2Faded refers to a loss of brightness or vividness over time, usually due to exposure to light or other environmental factors.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Descriptions: Use dimmed and faded to describe changes in brightness or vividness.
- 2Create Atmosphere: Incorporate antonyms in narratives to set the mood or tone of a scene.
- 3Discuss Art: Utilize these antonyms when discussing paintings, photographs, or other visual art forms.
The antonyms dimmed and faded describe a decrease in brightness or intensity. Dimmed is often done intentionally for a specific effect, while faded is usually due to exposure to light or other environmental factors. Use these words to enhance descriptions, create atmosphere in narratives, and discuss art.