What is the antonym of “forbare”?
The antonyms of forbare are indulge and partake. The antonyms indulge and partake convey the opposite meaning of forbare, which means to refrain from doing something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To allow oneself to enjoy something that is considered to be a luxury or pleasure.
She decided to indulge in a spa day to relax after a long week at work.
To participate in an activity or event, especially one that involves sharing or consuming something.
He was happy to partake in the potluck and brought his famous lasagna.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Indulge implies giving in to a desire or craving, while forbare means refraining from doing something.
- 2Partake implies participating in an activity or sharing something with others, while forbare means not participating or refraining from sharing.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use indulge and partake to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more accurately.
- 2Social Situations: Use indulge and partake in social situations to show interest and willingness to participate.
- 3Food and Drink: Use partake when sharing food or drinks with others, and use indulge when treating yourself to something special.