What is the antonym of “forefit”?
The antonyms of forfeit are gain and win. The antonyms gain and win convey a positive outcome or achievement. It implies a successful accomplishment or acquisition.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To obtain or acquire something through effort or work.
She was able to gain the trust of her colleagues by consistently delivering quality work.
To achieve victory or success in a competition, game, or contest.
The team was able to win the championship after months of rigorous training and preparation.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Gain refers to obtaining or acquiring something through effort or work.
- 2Win refers to achieving victory or success in a competition, game, or contest.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use gain and win to express positive outcomes or achievements effectively.
- 2Show Encouragement: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to motivate and inspire others.
- 3Enrich Storytelling: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create relatable characters and compelling stories.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Gain refers to obtaining or acquiring something through effort or work, while win refers to achieving victory or success in a competition, game, or contest. Use these words to enhance communication, show encouragement in conversations, and enrich storytelling by creating relatable characters and compelling narratives.