What is the antonym of “fortuned”?
The antonyms of fortuned are unfortunate and poor. The antonyms unfortunate and poor convey a negative or unfavorable financial state. It implies a lack of wealth, prosperity, or success.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having bad luck; experiencing unfavorable circumstances.
It was unfortunate that the concert got canceled due to bad weather.
Lacking sufficient money, resources, or means of support.
The family lived in a poor neighborhood and struggled to make ends meet.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unfortunate describes a situation where someone has bad luck or experiences unfavorable circumstances.
- 2Poor describes a financial state where someone lacks sufficient money, resources, or means of support.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use unfortunate and poor to expand your vocabulary and express ideas more precisely.
- 2Show Empathy: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate understanding and compassion.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in writing to create vivid descriptions and convey emotions effectively.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Unfortunate describes bad luck or unfavorable circumstances, while poor describes a lack of financial resources. Use these words to enhance vocabulary, show empathy in conversations, and enrich writing by creating vivid descriptions and conveying emotions effectively.