What is the antonym of “fraternisation”?
The antonyms of fraternisation are hostility and animosity. The antonyms hostility and animosity convey a negative emotional state. It implies a lack of friendliness, warmth, or affection.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Unfriendly or aggressive feelings or behavior.
The two countries were in a state of hostility and had not spoken to each other for years.
Strong hostility or hatred towards someone.
There was a deep-seated animosity between the two rival gangs that often led to violence.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Hostility refers to unfriendly or aggressive feelings or behavior.
- 2Animosity denotes strong hostility or hatred towards someone.
- 3Fraternisation refers to friendly or brotherly behavior.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use hostility and animosity to express negative emotions effectively.
- 2Show Empathy: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate understanding.
- 3Enrich Storytelling: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create relatable characters and compelling stories.