What is the antonym of “fraternised”?
The antonyms of fraternised are avoid, shun, and ignore. These words convey the opposite meaning of socializing or associating with someone.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To keep away from someone or something.
She decided to avoid her ex-boyfriend after their breakup.
To deliberately avoid or reject someone or something.
The community shunned the person who was accused of a crime.
To pay no attention to someone or something.
He chose to ignore his friend's advice and went ahead with his plan.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Avoid implies keeping away from someone or something to prevent harm or unpleasantness.
- 2Shun suggests a deliberate rejection or avoidance of someone or something due to disapproval or dislike.
- 3Ignore means paying no attention to someone or something, often intentionally.
Good things to know
- 1Social Situations: Use these antonyms to describe different ways of interacting with people in social situations.
- 2Conflict Resolution: Incorporate these antonyms to describe how people deal with conflicts or disagreements.
- 3Writing: Utilize these antonyms in writing to create characters with different personalities and behaviors.
The antonyms of fraternised are avoid, shun, and ignore. These words describe different ways of interacting with people in social situations, dealing with conflicts, or creating characters in writing.