What is the antonym of “fraternized”?
The antonyms of fraternized are avoid, shun, and ignore. These words convey the opposite meaning of socializing or associating with others. They imply a lack of interest, desire, or willingness to engage in social activities.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To keep away from someone or something; to evade or elude.
She decided to avoid her ex-boyfriend at the party to prevent any awkward encounters.
To deliberately avoid or reject someone or something; to ostracize or ignore.
He was shunned by his colleagues after he was caught stealing from the company.
To pay no attention to someone or something; to disregard or overlook.
She chose to ignore her friend's advice and went ahead with her plan.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Avoid implies a deliberate effort to stay away from someone or something.
- 2Shun suggests a more severe form of avoidance, often accompanied by rejection or ostracism.
- 3Ignore conveys a lack of attention or consideration towards someone or something.
Good things to know
- 1Social Situations: Use these antonyms to describe different levels of social interaction.
- 2Conflict Resolution: Incorporate these antonyms in discussions to express disagreement or disapproval.
- 3Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create tension and conflict between characters.
The antonyms of fraternized are avoid, shun, and ignore. These words convey different levels of disinterest or unwillingness to engage in social activities. Use them to describe social situations, express disagreement or disapproval, and create tension in writing.