What is the antonym of “frizzly”?
The antonyms of frizzly are straight and smooth. The antonyms straight and smooth convey a different texture or appearance of hair or fabric.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Extending uniformly in one direction without curves or bends.
She prefers to keep her hair straight and neat.
Having an even surface or consistency; free from roughness, bumps, or irregularities.
The silk scarf feels smooth and soft against the skin.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Straight refers to the absence of curls or waves in hair or fabric.
- 2Smooth refers to the evenness of the surface or consistency of hair or fabric.
Good things to know
- 1Fashion and Style: Use these antonyms to describe hair or fabric textures in fashion and style contexts.
- 2Home Decor: Incorporate these antonyms to describe the texture of furniture, curtains, or carpets.
- 3Science and Engineering: Utilize these antonyms to describe the properties of materials in science and engineering fields.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Straight refers to the absence of curls or waves, while smooth refers to the evenness of the surface or consistency. Use these words to describe hair or fabric textures in fashion and style contexts, home decor, or science and engineering fields.