What is the antonym of “frothsome”?
The antonyms of frothsome are substantial and weighty. The antonyms substantial and weighty convey a sense of seriousness, importance, and depth. They imply that something has substance, weight, or significance.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having real physical existence or importance; significant or considerable in amount or value.
The company's profits showed a substantial increase this quarter.
Having great importance or seriousness; significant or influential.
The judge's ruling had a weighty impact on the outcome of the trial.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Substantial refers to something that has real physical existence or considerable value.
- 2Weighty refers to something that has great importance or seriousness.
Good things to know
- 1Academic Writing: Use substantial and weighty to describe important concepts, ideas, or arguments.
- 2Professional Communication: Incorporate these antonyms in business emails, reports, or presentations to convey a sense of seriousness and importance.
- 3Everyday Conversation: Use these words to express the significance or importance of a topic or issue.
The antonyms of frothsome are substantial and weighty. Use substantial to describe something with real physical existence or considerable value, and weighty to describe something with great importance or seriousness. These antonyms are useful in academic writing, professional communication, and everyday conversation.