What is the antonym of “fusion”?
The antonyms of fusion are separation and division. The antonyms separation and division convey the opposite meaning of fusion, which is the process of combining two or more things into a single entity.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The act of dividing or disconnecting something that was previously joined or united.
The separation of the two countries led to a long-standing conflict.
The act of separating or splitting something into parts or groups.
The division of the company into smaller units made it more efficient.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Separation refers to the act of dividing or disconnecting something that was previously joined or united.
- 2Division refers to the act of separating or splitting something into parts or groups.
Good things to know
- 1Science: Use these antonyms in scientific contexts to describe physical processes such as nuclear fission and cell division.
- 2Mathematics: Incorporate these antonyms in mathematical contexts to describe arithmetic operations such as subtraction and division.
- 3Politics: Utilize these antonyms in political contexts to describe the separation or division of territories or groups.
The antonyms of fusion are separation and division. Use these words in scientific, mathematical, and political contexts to describe physical processes, arithmetic operations, and territorial or group divisions.