What is the antonym of “gettable”?
The antonyms of gettable are unattainable and inaccessible. These words describe things that cannot be obtained or reached.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Impossible to achieve or obtain.
For many people, owning a private jet is an unattainable dream.
Not able to be reached or entered.
The mountain peak was so high and steep that it was completely inaccessible.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unattainable refers to something that is impossible to achieve or obtain, while inaccessible describes something that cannot be reached or entered.
- 2Unattainable often refers to abstract concepts such as dreams or goals, while inaccessible usually describes physical locations or objects.
Good things to know
- 1Vocabulary Expansion: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express ideas more accurately.
- 2Goal Setting: Use unattainable to describe goals that are impossible to achieve, and inaccessible to describe goals that are difficult to reach.
- 3Travel and Adventure: Use inaccessible to describe remote or hard-to-reach places that you want to explore.